Saturday, April 22, 2006

Psalm of Abib

"Abib" or "Aviv" is the first month of the ancient Hebrew calendar beginning with the new moon that falls in March-April of modern times. It is a time of renewal and restoration. All praises due to JAH for the inspiration I received to compose this. Blessed. - JAHsh

--------

Psalm of Abib

I give thanks and praise unto thee Oh JAH, Rastafari
For I am like the tree planted by the flowing river
My roots drink of the living water, Ha'Moshia
And my soul shall never thirst or want again

You have breathed a new season into your creation
Showering all of your works in warm spring rains
Everything bows down before you Oh JAH
The plants, the animals, even the mountains... Selah

Israel comes before thee with their first fruits
Ripe in abundance within its appointed time
For you have granted unto them, Oh JAH, your holy strength
Not even the kings of this earth shall strike your children

Your nation has united before thee and has heard your call
The roots and grafted branches, flesh and spirit, sinew and bone
The way has been made clear for those who answer
No stumbling blocks hinder the road to Zion

Cities and walls crumble before your presence, Adonai Most High
Green pastures reclaim the world from the vain work of human hands
The wind carries your words to the ears of the righteous
And their tongues proclaim your name, Yahweh, Jahovah

You have renewed my spirit and comforted me when forsaken
I am like gold tested in the fires of tribulation
Purified and cooled with your mercy and kindness
Your blessings have graced I and I, shielding me from the wicked

We are gathering under the banner of your rainbow covenant
The sign of your unconditional love to all earth's inhabitants
Seventy nations have witnessed the Power of the Trinity
All of your children now await their Creator... Selah

JMC
4/21/06
(c) 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment