Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Organize & Centralize

When ones hear "organize and centralize" in regards to Rastafari we think of I-nity in the movement, coming together as a people, collectively making things happen as one body in Yeshua, JAH Rastafari. However this same idea must be applied to the individual. It is the set of individuals which make up the greater body, the same way the ear must hear and the eye must see, I&I must also satisfy our functions for the benefit of all. The need for me to "organize and centralize" is quite obvious to me, my room is strewn with paperwork and books piled up and cluttered from endless days of work and studies. Within these next couple days though I will have it clean and sorted out, but more importantly it is symbolic of my need to remove the clutter from my spiritual trod. I have realized that although I always have JAH on my mind and try to walk in the livity, I have become dull... worn out as it were. The sands of time sometimes cause a sharp sword to become blunt and tarnished. So the time has come when I&I must sharpen I-self against a "whetstone" and polish I-self again to reflect the light of the Most High. This is something that we all must do from time to time, for JAH works is never just one time and the work done, no... it is a continuous process that I&I must go through.

School and work has kept me busy in these times and I have neglected my vow to read from the Bible a chapter a day. This has happened on occasion and I always catch up on a particular day and read all of the chapters that I missed. However, this past year it has happened too often and it bothers me especially because I will soon be done with my first cycle of reading the Bible one chapter a day from Genesis to Revelations (I have 28 more days left now, and it has been 3 years and 66 days). I feel it is important that I end my first journey with JAH on a high note, with a focused mind and thanksgiving... because it has given I-man so much wisdom in these 3 years and more, I have really grown so much. So, tonight I am "dusting off" my Scrips, catching up on my readings and shall meditate on the teachings I receive. More prayer, more life.

Another aspect that I have not maintained well enough this year is my fellowship with the Twelve Tribes of Israel, a Rastafari organization of which I am a member. Until I attended a meeting last night, it was a year ago that I had last gone, partly because of distance and also the inconvenience of time since I have been busy with my studies. However, when I visited the headquarters on Sunday and saw some of the bredrens and sistrens I have not seen in awhile, I felt more strength and conviction come to me again. As the elders spoke to the masses late into the night, I felt motivated, I felt inna-spuration inside of me, calling I to do certain things that for a long time I have hoped to accomplish, things that others have done before me. Simply to be around good vibes and people who sight up Rastafari with love is reinvigorating for me. The trod can be lonely at times, especially since I do not have ones close by that I can reason with, but I have to give thanks for being a part of something and having access to certain opportunities. I opened some doors this last meeting, and made some connections which I hope will help me with the things I wish to accomplish. I also plan on being present at the Twelve Tribes HQ whenever possible.

In the end it is all about responsibility and doing what is necessary. JAH provides us with the tools and the means to do the work, it is we who must swing the hammer and wield the sword of the Spirit. I really hope that I maintain my renewed focus, the time will get rough again as my rigorous schedule will manifest once more, but livication can conquer all of that, I am certain. I&I must always make time for JAH. I&I can accomplish what we will as Marcus Garvey said. Recently I have been focused physically by regularly going to the gym and watching my nutrition. I have not failed in these things... so with that same determination I must offer I-self to the Most High and exercise my Spirit so that I can be in shape for the spiritual battle that surrounds us in these times. Endurance. Organize and centralize yourself. Love JAH.

JAHsh

No comments:

Post a Comment