Thursday, April 20, 2006

Mind Clutter

Lately I have been feeling bombarded. Bombarded with status quo, with pop culture, with unchecked individualism, with images, music, trends, expectations... mind clutter. It is a headache, it is an eyesore... can't take it no more. It makes me ask, "what is your meaning?"... and if you are meaningless then save me the stress cause I have no interest. Noisy people, and nosy people... loud and intrusive, judgmental and exclusive. "Look at me, forget you". Everybody want to be a star, have ones know every aspect about them like People magazine, with photo spreads and opinion eds. Too much info, they have 411 on speed dial... invading my domicile. Whatever happened to an intriguing mystery, let me see, let me learn more about you. What makes you tick, what is your purpose, your drive. What is within you? Everybody's soul is congested with frivolous things, wasted space. Like nobody's business, they post personal business on MySpace, perhaps to their own disgrace when they come face to face with themselves in a different place, time, or at their prime. Even creativity has become uncreative... mass produced, copied, marketed, commercialized... while deep-thinking is passe. Everybody want instant gratification, instant success, instant fame... instant problems. In an instant it will all vanish away, maybe tomorrow... maybe today, who knows really. Everybody is uninterested in the greater things, they are apathetic... so pathetic. Nobody is serious, delirious in an age when God Himself is mocked at the expense of a joke, facetious, all up in smoke. Nope... can't be me, don't want that. I need to have my quite time and reflection... my own mind and my own sense of direction. Yes I'm the leader of an insurrection against Babylon and the system it runs on. I don't want to be a cookie-cut clone, even if I have to go it alone... I'd rather be free than to be a mockery. So, some don't understand... well how can I explain? If you've never seen the sun, how can I describe it, stare at it and you will go blind, that is my mind... brilliant... no, not arrogant, but illuminated by He who created... reinstated, unshackled. Call me strange and I will revel in it, a stranger to you is familiar to the few... the proud... the children of Zion. I will weather the clone wars in my bomb shelter, my omnipresent sanctuary.

JAHsh

No comments:

Post a Comment