Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Forward Ever

Forward Ever

Standing and pondering the darkness
Biting into the fruit of my labor
Chewing tasteful texture
While inclining my ear to a whispery reverie
Blown across an uncharted space
There is no light ahead
But there is a beacon
Speaking to my soul
Feeling the pull forward
Slowly onward proceeding
Curious steps manifest
Still clutching onto vague memories
Now crumbled into dusty earth
Soil to give birth to someone elses hope
Studying the pieces one last time
Offering my hand to the wind
And with a sigh... gone
It took so long to let go
Brushing off traces of cold cases
But ancient artifacts have no value
To a living man, as I understand
The whisper again carried on benevolent breezes
Here surrounded by majestic mystery
It comforts me
Yes Lord...
Here I am
Quenching the call that has stirred me on
Ensured that there is only one direction
Progression
No tether of fear to leave me here
In a fallow field of dreams
One step is worth more than a stagnant eternity
Setting off, the journey is on an unknown course
Ebbed out by action
Satisfaction of feet on solid rock
I slip not
Foresight granted unto eye
Walking in blind faith
Across that space to my proper place
Faithfully forward
Ever toward...

JMC
4/4/06
(c) 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment