Sunday, June 10, 2007

Disappointment (Unleashed)

Disappointment (Unleashed)

Sometimes I'd like to unleash the beast
Tethered to the deepest part of my soul
...out of reach
An angry lion out of control
And yet I know I must satta
Life goes on, can't galang like no shotta
Click-click-blam

Shoot...
You disappointment me sister
Disappointed that you failed to grasp the whole picture
But I know I'm gonna face disappointment again
Disappointment from another lover, family or a friend
When will it end?
Never, because that's the nature of things
As long as I love, someone will play my heartstrings

All this foolishness is just a waste of my time
You're a vampire preying on the marrow of my mind
And no matter what I do to appease your appetite
You still prowl the night looking for one last bite
Right now I need freedom
From a she-then like you
Sweeping out the old, so I can bring in the new

I can't believe a person with such intelligence
Would go around behaving with negligence
It's as if you never learned about the golden rule
And how to distinguish a good man from a foot-stool
I'm no fool
My captivation is cruel
This lion doesn't belong behind bars in your zoo

You took advantage of my kindness and let me down
Made me think you needed me, and made me the clown
Such a disappointment, I was a fly in the ointment
Trapped by the fact you scheduled me in like an appointment
Like a doctor examining my head
Leaving me lost and frustrated

I'm tired of hearing excuses for all of your mistakes
Because a little discipline is really all it ever takes
You move like a snake hiding where the grass grows tall
Lying in wait, ready to strike my lion paw

I shake my mane...
It's a shame that you made me think it was fair game
But you sold out your flesh for mere chump change
I can see through you with my savanna scopes
Yes I'm better off chasing other deer and antelopes
Real folks
King of the jungle don't deal with jokes

Don't bother calling me or knocking on my door
You're like Miss Morton, throwing salt in my sore
I roar... cause I can't stand no more
Can't take the stress,
It keeps the lion vexed
Irregardless, good luck and JAH Bless

JMC
6/9/07
(c) 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment