Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Twenty-Six

Today I turned 26 years old. So long mid-twenties... well, I suppose I am still in the late-mid-twenties, but time is marching on swiftly. To me a birthday is just another day really, but it is a blessing still. Each day is a new day and a new life. No day is promised, even though we take for granted each breath, and every sunrise. So I just give thanks for the continuation of life. My 26th Earthstrong... 26 years I-man trod on this earth, and with JAH blessings, hopefully many more. It is a time worthy of my reflection, to check the journey so far... the wisdom I have gained, the experience I've had, where I've been, where I am, and where I'm going.

I must really give thanks for my family and friends. Sometimes we forget the many blessings which JAH has given unto us. Many people had sent their greetings my way in some form or another today, old friends and new friends... friends all the same. I apprecialove all of the thoughtfullness. During the past few weeks I had begun to consider what things would be like at 26, if I was prepared to be 26, how quickley the time had gone by since I finished college four years ago, how people I have known have gotten married, or have had children, or both. So in my heart I was anxious of these things. This along with the expectation that I would have a boring birthday yet again made me indifferent toward it. However, the thoughts and words of friends are words of life. As it is said, "an anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up." (Proverbs 12:25). Really and truly it has been a great birthday, one of the best in many years. Not because of any magnificent celebration, or some adventure, or amazing gift... but because of people. People with genuine interest, and genuine care... my family and my friends. I have reason to celebrate, for I am here, and that is reason enough. Yet the appreciation and love shown by others reaffirms that notion.

So I shall soon discover what this year's journey brings, but I have a feeling good things are in store. Everything is everything. Each fruit will ripen in its due season... and in the meantime I shall rejoice in all of the little blessings I receive each and every day. Show some love today, cause everyday a holiday in JAH sight!

Bless Up,
JAHsh

No comments:

Post a Comment