Saturday, May 27, 2006

That Woman

I was inspired to write this poem earlier in the month, but I finally decided to share it. Let's just say that it served its purpose... - JAHsh

--------

That Woman

You must see her to believe
I mean, that woman
Regal poise adorned in turquoise
Blocking out all distraction and noise
When she moves shes cool and collected
Yes, this is a woman to be respected
Truth be told, she makes my heart awaken
When I'm graced by her touch
Even so much as her fingertips on my arm
Does harm to my composure
Requires me to steady myself
As I try to unearth another word
Between me and her

When we speak in a loud crowd
Perhaps feigning that I can't hear
I bend just to draw her near
A bit closer
Where I can see an unmistakable
Fire in her eyes
Worth each second of a shared glimpse
Leaving its imprint
As if I stared into a bright light in the night
Recaptured in every blink
Makes
Me
Think

And when I see her smile, it is genuine
Yes, she skin teeth and make everything sweet
Complimenting her physique
And speaking aloud that which the tongue cannot utter
That ivory shine, like piano keys playing melodies
Lingers in my mind for a time
Gilding the conversations that we share
Accentuating the vibrations
That radiate from deep within
Beneath her chocolate skin
Beyond her flesh and bone
She is a heartical woman alone

In those moments, I would dare to reach her lips
Hesitant to pluck from those branches
A fruit that may ripen sweeter on its own
Yet its hard to resist
The dew collected upon its surface
Offering a price I cant purchase
Nor afford to lose
And look, there she is, her figure swimming in aqua-blues
And I, deciding on what course I am to choose
With that woman

JMC
5/6/06
(c) 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment