Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving Day is a familiar American holiday, even to those who may not be Americans. Everyone comes together with their family and friends, feasting on food, and sharing each other’s company with time away from work (if you are fortunate enough to do so). I do enjoy Thanksgiving for the opportunity of spending that quality time with loved ones and enjoying the things that we may usually take for granted. Yet I have always thought that by having this particular holiday, we sometimes limit the true scope of how much we should be constantly thankful for, as opposed to just this one time of the year. The truth is that each time we rise up from our sleep in the morning, we should then give thanks for a new day. When we go to sleep in the evening, then we should give thanks for the day that we had. We could easily list all of the hundreds of simple things that happen in between that deserve our thanks. I have the usual things that I give thanks for every day, but this November I am especially blessed in ways that I could not have foreseen even at the beginning of the month. In fact, I am still so amazed that I have a hard time taking it all in and I can barely write about what I’m feeling and why I’m feeling it, but I would have to describe it as miraculous.

It is good to humble ourselves and have a thankful heart in all things, but it is only human for us to also want certain particular things fitting for ourselves. People go about expressing those personal desires of ours in different ways, but they dwell within us either way. Though we may have wants, it doesn’t mean that we must be selfish in our pursuit of them. All we need to do is have some faith and ask for it. I have very much to be thankful for today because the petitions of my heart have been answered when I least expected it. Without going into much detail on what that may be, I will say that they are both big changes of special importance in my life... things that I have long hoped for. Strangely enough, when big blessings happen so suddenly it can leave us awestruck, this includes the very good things that come our way... it is out of the ordinary and we often have trouble processing and receiving such things. However, truth and reality do not always fit into conventions. When we understand this concept, we can move forward without anxiety and accept what has been put before us.

It is hard for me to remember a time when I have been happier, and I am confident that life can only become better for me. The cornerstones are being laid down now and helping me to create a solid foundation for the future. I am excited and filled with joy because these changes are such a powerful and positive message coming from The Almighty, an assurance that my faith is not in vain and that good things come to those who wait patiently for them. There is a due season for everything. No one can rush through the winter just to reach spring and summer. Simply put, it comes when the right time comes. For me, the right time has come for these particular occurrences in my life. More proper times will come for my future endeavors. What will happen next? How will these new and amazing blessings develop?... I am so excited to find out. I will also specifically share about them in my future writings when the time is right, but for today I just wanted to share the vibes. So, I am giving thanks! JAH knows that this is a very special Thanksgiving for me!

I will conclude with these simple thoughts. If you have some faith, then the things that you hope for will come your way... somehow, some way, at some time. Also, be prepared to recognize and accept these things when they do finally come. You never know what is in store for you, and you never know how it will actually manifest. Life has its many surprises and you’ll be surprised by how many good things you’ll encounter along the journey if you think positive and keep an open mind. Never give up, and never stop giving thanks for life and its abundance!

Give Thanks Always,
JAHsh

No comments:

Post a Comment