Friday, April 13, 2007

Egod

Egod

Your ego is your idol god, your own imagination
Sacrilege of the worst kind, a delusional deviation
What you claim that came as divinely inspired
Is simply everything that you lust for and desire
You tell me to follow some high and holy commands
But it's really just your own carnal-minded demands
I will never prostrate to your false prophecy
Your pretentious nature and vain hypocrisy
You speak in shrouded tongues like Pentecost fyah
Using the smoke to cloak the fact that you're a liar
The truth is that you created god in your own image
Made to serve you, shaped only from your visage
How could your false god ever become mine?
When it exists as a foolish fabrication of your mind
This is no universal love, no omnipresent nature
You live in your world, and made yourself the creator
Make me not an acolyte to your selfish will
I'll bring no offering to your twisted tabernacle
I shall destroy this illusion, this façade, your egod
Because I only serve JAH on my Rastaman trod

JMC
4/12/07
(c) 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment