Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentimes

Valentimes

Another year, another Valentine's Day
It's all vanity and romantic insanity anyway
People exchanging Valentines during these Valentimes
Blood rushing from their hearts to their minds
But not mines 'cause love hasn't been too kind
Only a distant memory or fantasy left behind

I have no red roses to give or sweet kiss to receive
So why bother betraying a kiss with only myself to deceive
There is no dinner for two in a candlelit room
With tense anticipation of what could happen soon
No lady in red or private lingerie show before bed
Just me, alone by myself once again instead

Man, I'm trying to survive these Valentimes
Dodging chocolates and cards that lovers discard
Because when the next day comes, reality hits hard
Petals on the ground, "she loves me, she loves me not"
The excuses and tears, "sorry babe I forgot"
And I stop

They all may have Cupid's arrows stuck in their backs
But I don't need stupid tricks, I have a worth unmatched
Woe unto the woman who should stumble upon me
My love is real love, a superior quality
I have a ravenous appetite to treat a lady right
Not a gimmick or game that only lasts for one night
For the light from my heart truly outshines
The artificial glow of these phony Valentimes

JMC
2/13/06
(c) 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment