Monday, January 30, 2006

Oh Starry Night

This weekend I was coming out the door to my house preparing to go to the gym and escape the quarrel that suddenly flared up inside. Then suddenly I was star struck... really and truly. The night was perfectly clear and all I could see were brilliant stars lighting up the sky. Above the tree line I could see the Orion constellation, for some reason it is the only one I can ever make out. Nothing but stars... not even moonlight present to overwhelm the contrast between starlight and dark night. I just stood in the cold staring up as if it were the first time I had really taken the time to notice the celestial bodies above me. I could only imagine how powerful an image this was to the ancients, inspiring their philosophies, their religions their sciences... no distractions or disruptions between heaven and earth. Even 100 years ago much less ancient times. Then suddenly my contemplation was disturbed by the pole-light in front of our house turning on. I realized that by some coincidence it had been off, and that now its light consumed the beautiful night sky, and hiding it from my eyes. I walked into my house and switched off the light again. As my father was leaving and getting ready to go with me, he saw the light was off once more and turned it back on. Needless to say I was frustrated, I wanted to stand there star gazing all night if I could, but I was reminded that we were supposed to be going. Oh modernity... the daily hustle, always in a rush, somewhere to go, electric lights blinding our sights polluting the night. As I drove toward our destination, I saw more lights and cars and buildings and manmade distractions all around, but I couldn’t stop thinking about the beauty of JAH creation, I was ceased by wonder that night. I realized that these stars have been above us all day and all night since the first man and woman walked the earth. Yet to mankind today, they might as well not even exist. How do we know that JAH JAH is real? Just look to creation and it will reveal. Naturally, simply. Why do so many people forget about God in these times, why are so many people selfish and greedy and feasting their eyes on their desires. Maybe its because they haven't seen the sign that is written in the sky. Blessed love.

JAHsh

No comments:

Post a Comment