Saturday, January 28, 2006

Musical Addiction

Somebody told me recently that I have an addiction. Yes, an addiction to music. So now its time I accept my problem and well, face the music... pun intended (has anyone else ever actually said "pun intended"?). Ahh yes music, and not just any music, I'm talking about Rasta music! The Word, Sound & Power... moving through creation. Whoah yes, the message coursing through my veins, giving me that natural high. Like Bob sang, "one good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain... so hit me with music...". The rhythm and the bass... the heartical vibes. Ancient words, uttered by prophets and messengers, sent from JAH, flowing through I&I. All I have to do is put an album on, crank up the volume and emmerse myself in a landscape of sound. Feeling it, dancing... skanking... chanting with the singers and players of instruments. Yes, I can never get enough, always looking for more and more... stacks from ceiling to floor. Got to have those Rasta tunes, playing everywhere, all the time, in my mind. Each day I-man got to play... that Luciano, Morgan Heritage, Junior Kelly... that classic Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Dennis Brown... that Culture, Burning Spear, Jacob Miller... the deejay chanting of U-Roy and Big Youth, "as I would say!" yeeaah... going way back to the Studio One sound that rocksteady sound, that jazz sound... THAT JAH SOUND. All around, don't make me no clown Babylon! Yeah roots and culture, give it to the people, give it to the youths, to the world. Yes people may call me mad, but like Beres Hammond seh "they don't know whats going on, they need to stop and think and realize... music is life"... Nobody know how it go, nobody understand why I just gotta have those tunes. Solid foundation, firm footing, life-saving... yes I'm serious life-saving. Shining light in the darkness, breaking down barriers... chasing the devilman away, hear what I say... I talking about Rasta music. Music is life, so my life is Rastafari... my life is not pop, not gangsta rap, not death metal, not fake for JAH sake... I deal with reality... no Babylon sound, fooling the people spinning them around. Now I don't practice isolation so if I get that sensation from the blues or soul... well ah so it go... but always need and believe in that Rasta music. Keeps me strong, keeps me awake... love it. All you need to do is incline your ear and you will see... I mean listen do not hear... I mean jump right in. Once you feel the vibes, it will change your lives. No cure for this addiction because it is life, love, truth and right... fiyah light. Praise JAH!

JAHsh

No comments:

Post a Comment