Monday, May 31, 2010

Revolutionary Life

Revolutionary Life

I’m much more revolutionary than the ordinary
Compare me to a Special Forces unit of military
When situations get hairy like my natty dreads
I still push onward all the way to the very edge

They wonder why I wear the Africa medallion
An Ithiopian style even though I’m mostly Italian
One simple reason, I’m in Selassie’s battalion
And until it’s over, it’s still Babylon I’m battling

I get JAH message across like a BlackBerry might
Or Barry White when a queen comes into sight
I’m not perverted, my eyes just become averted
A natural instinct since Adam and Eve first flirted

I play some reggae music to get through each day
The sounds of Culture, Sizzla, Buju, and Bob Marley
Every singer and deejay help to show the right way
And maybe hip-hop when it’s got something to say

I’m trying to cross back from this side of the Atlantic
I’m frantic to reach Addis Ababa and see the gigantic
Stone stelai of Axum, where civilization had begun
Where the Ark of the Covenant sits in St. Mary of Zion

I teach lessons manifesting from beyond any book
Telling the youths that history requires a second look
I could have been a pirate, robbing them like a crook
But the revolutionary life was the style that I took

JMC
5/31/10
(c) 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment