Saturday, November 28, 2009

Lucid

Lucid

A soft glow broke the darkness
And then her name appeared...
For seconds, I could only look
As I mistook the cadence of the call
With the palpitations of my heart
It started pulling apart my sleep
And so I reached out for the source
This lucid torch in the blackness
Groping for, hoping for the chance
To hear her voice, to catch her trance
Yet my hand combed the expanse
Of dark décor in my bedroom corner
Until light could be seen no longer
And the stillness of night returned
A quiet slumber fell upon me
Murky haze had filled my eyes
My conscious already capsized
Tumbling me into a sea of dreams
Where it seemed like I was there
Enveloped between her warmth
Or the thoughts of such...
While I lay curled up alone
Disturbed by my phone

JMC
11/28/09
(c) 2009

1 comment: