Wednesday, July 9, 2008

JAH Time

We all have our own concept of time and when things should be done; the time to graduate, the time to marry, to have children, the time to accomplish anything under the sun. We live in a world where "time is of the essence", "time is money", "time waits for no one" and "time is the master". It seems like there is no escaping time... it is part of our daily life. Yet sometimes we don't measure up to our ideas of time or our culture's ideas of time and it causes disappointment or distress when we miss out on an opportunity.

Years ago it had been my plan to reach a certain destination close to my heart. Everything was set to go and I literally had the ticket in my hand, but things didn't work out and eventually even things beyond what I had anticipated began to suddenly change. During that time I was upset and didn't really understand why my plans had failed. However, in hindsight I began to consider the reasons behind the change of course and although all my questions were not answered, the way ahead became clearer. Circumstances changed but I believe that it was meant for me to reach this place I had intended to visit; it just had not been the right season.

After so long everything has finally come to fruition, I'm setting off on my journey tomorrow. At last I am going to my destination and the time is right... there are different circumstances, and I am older, a little wiser, more experienced, and perhaps more appreciative. I don't know why it has happened now, all I know is that I am definitely thankful that I have been granted this chance because it is a serious blessing. When one door is closed, another is open. When that door is opened it is our responsibility to seize the opportunity.

In the end, the only time that really matters is JAH Time. We have to free ourselves from our limited view of when things should occur or not occur. With JAH one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. In our human experience we have to wait on JAH patiently to open the doors for us when the right time comes. Seeing this blessing manifest has reminded me to measure my life with JAH Time.

Trinidad and Suriname here I come! Stepping outa Babylon!

JAHsh

No comments:

Post a Comment