Saturday, July 21, 2007

Iron Appetite

Iron Appetite

I take a seat on the bench beside the bar
And order a 45 or two
Matter of fact, make that a few
Oh no, wait a sec... you thought?
No, no, I don't deal with the malt liquor or steel trigger
I could see how you might misunderstand
But I am on a diet of strictly iron, man
So please push me a few plates of those heavy weights
Pile them on, extra helpings
Now, that's what I'm talking about

I'm braced, ready to take a bite
I can just about taste it
Teeth clenched...
Even the air molecules between my molars
Have been crushed to oblivion
Arms extended, feels like a ton
Hold on
Somebody's tail is wagging, begging for scraps
I don't have none of that
See spotter run...
I'm eating this on my own
Arms extended, feels like a ton

Persistence meets resistance
I can feel the burn
Igniting a fire in my fibers
But I like my food picante
Sweat beading on my forehead
Dripping into my eyes
No pain no gain, no compromise
Eleven more repetitions
Then I'm all set

Nearby is my greatest fan
Standing over my shoulder
Blowing on my neck
She's cool and all
Except she's oscillating
And gets around…
I'm better off hot
I got to be focused
Solid as a rock

I don't even chew, I devour
Like a hungry lion, sheer power
Consuming fistfuls of metal
Enough iron to put me on the level

More plates... delicious
So vicious, I eat until I'm sore
When my body can't take anymore
Then I've gotten my fill...
And as for the bill?
I have them keep a tab
Paid first of the month
So I can munch any day and night
Satisfying my iron appetite

JMC
7/21/07
(c) 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment